You may know where you want to go, but do you know how you’re going to get there?
When you take a road trip, you know your destination. You are familiar with where you want to end up, even if you’ve never been there before, you have a pin dropped at the place you wish to go. But how are you going to get there? What route are you going to take?
Many used to look at a map to find the best routes. The shortest distance. The best terrain. Now, we pop that destination into our smartphones, or we drop a pin at the desired location, and we hit a button marked “Find Route”, or something similar. Our phone, or an app, may be finding our best route nowadays, but the point is – you don’t pack the car and leave before you know where you’re going.
The best route to get where you want to go!
You know you need to add lean muscle mass. You know you want to look toner, be stronger, and be able to live a fuller life being able to participate in the activities you love. But, do you know how you’re going to get there?
Here are some simple steps you can start taking today to help get you on your way to adding more lean muscle:
5 Steps to Adding More Lean Muscle Today
1. Get Your Protein In. Eating complete protein sources three times per day is essential for proper muscle growth. Complete proteins allow for the building and growth of muscles and can be found in foods such as meat, eggs, peanut butter (when paired with a grain), rice (when paired with beans), and so much more.
Pro Tip: A simple way to ensure that you are getting enough protein is to make sure you are including a lean source of protein at every meal.
2. Don’t Forget the Fiber. Many don’t realize that an essential component many miss out on when looking to build muscle is fiber. Fiber helps the body to get rid of the bi-products produced when your body builds lean muscle. It also will help you to ensure that you are absorbing the nutrients you need to build muscle. If you aren’t absorbing what you eat, then what’s the point?
Sticky Fiber is the gel like soluble fiber
Pro Tip: Adding a fiber filled snack in the afternoon can help sustain your energy levels through the end of the day.
3. Assess Where You’re Starting. It’s one thing to know where you’re going, but if you don’t know where you’re really starting it’s hard to have a clear route to get you to the destination. If you don’t assess where you’re starting, you don’t know what you’re capable of doing and are risking either a) injury due to pushing too hard too fast or b) not gaining results due to not working hard enough. Don’t allow yourself to fall into either of these categories. Have a proper assessment performed to help you gain a better understanding of where you should be starting.
Pro Tip: Our M3 ProTeam Coaches can help you assess where you’re starting over a live video chat. Contact us today to get this scheduled.
4. Implement the M3 Muscle Finder Methods. Our M3 Muscle Finder Methods help you feel when and where your muscles are contracting. Our methods help our clients build more neurological pathways to help train your muscle’s ability to move properly faster and more efficiently. We want you to focus on repetitions that will help you get stronger and build lean muscle, not just repetitions that count so you can complete your workout.
Use M3 Muscle Finder
Pro Tip: When starting your new workout regimen, start with slower, more focused repetitions. This time under tension will help your brain to focus and memorize the movement patterns much faster than when you perform the repetitions quickly.
5. Allow Yourself to Recover. You have to allow yourself the time to recover if you are going to properly build new muscle. Your body cannot build muscle if you don’t give it the chance to repair. Also, your workouts won’t be as effective or as fun if you’re constantly sore.
Pro Tip: Allow yourself 24 hours between workouts that include the same muscle groups to allow for complete healing of the torn muscle fibers.
You don’t have to wait to start taking action. Many of us freeze and do nothing because we don’t know where to begin. This is where you start. If you would like to learn more about how MindMuscleMemory can help you learn more about any of these steps, contact us today.