Many become so hung-up on what they can and can’t eat that they forget how many great tasting, healthy foods that are out there are very beneficial to us. When we are told not to eat carbohydrates or to eat more fat than anything else, we forget that we need a well-rounded diet to stay healthy.
The great news is, there are several healthy foods that taste great that you can enjoy. Though everything is best in moderation, you can enjoy good food and not avoid what you love!
What Do These 10 Healthy Foods Have in Common?
These healthy foods are all in one of the 5 Super Fiber Food Categories. These categories of foods will provide you with the fiber you need to take back control of your diet, weight and life. The 5 Super Fiber Food Categories are:
· Nuts and Seeds
· Beans and Legumes
10 Healthy Foods to Start Eating Today
1. Carrots – Did you know? Just one 3 ½ ounce serving of steamed carrots contains 3.8 g of total fiber.
2. Broccoli – Did you know? 1 cup chopped broccoli has the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange.
3. Almonds – Did you know? Just 1 ounce of almonds has 6 grams of protein.
4. Walnuts – Did you know? 1 ounce of walnuts provides 4 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber!
5. Strawberries – Did you know? Researchers have found that eating just 8 strawberries a day can improve blood pressure, heart health, inflammation and more!
6. Grapes – Did you know? 1 cup of grapes has only 104 calories and 0 grams of fat.
7. Brown Rice – Did you know? 1 cup of brown rice provides 88% of the daily value of manganese which helps produce energy from protein and carbohydrates.
8. Baked Potatoes – Did you know? There are only 100 calories in 8 ounces of baked or boiled potatoes.
9. Green Beans – Did you now? There is 3.4 grams of fiber in 1 cup of cut green beans.
10. Kidney Beans – Did you know? 1 cup of boiled kidney beans yields 15 grams of protein.
Start Adding Healthy Foods to Your Diet Today
Eating healthy foods on a regular basis isn’t as difficult as many seem to think. Start today by adding one or two of these foods to your daily routine and increase it from there each week. The power of adding one new healthy food a day will change your life!
For more information about what healthy foods you can eat to help you reach your goals, contact us today!